Saturday, March 7, 2009

ATTENTION! Another Delay


We submitted on Monday (as opposed to the usual Sunday), which in the past meant it came out on Friday, but it looks like it didn't get pushed through yet. I mean, I can see why Apple would make us a low priority. After all, we're only the number 1 app in the U.S. Store! For now anyway. Sorry everyone. I was really anxious for it to come out because we want to see how people feel about the menu system before we expand on it. By the way, there has been concern that the menu stays open. It does not. the triangle in the upper corner opens it and closes it.

Another feature that I keep forgetting to mention is that we're starting to include persistent preferences. All your settings (if you left it with the shark turned off and the storm clouds up) are remembered after you close Pocket God and open it the next time. We are setting it up for new features, like customization, so its just the beginning.

We're going to try to make sure this next update goes in on Sunday so we don't have two delays in a row. Look for "Idle Hands" on Monday and give us your thoughts! Don't forget everyone....every update is free, so if you buy it today you get all the subsequent updates. Here's a sneak preview of the new icon. If you see this in the iTunes App Store, the update has gone through. (Not on your iphone or ipod, that will change to the Shark icon).

14 comments:

  1. I think apple is having some issues with pushing updates. Last 2 days my touch keeps randomly saying I have like 29 updates, but none of the items it lists needs updating. When I let it do all the updates, an hour later it was saying I needed to do them all again. It seems to have stoped, but it might now show your update until you do another one or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea mine has had the same problems!and once i push the updates icon again, it usually goes to other updates i need, its really annoying....but like Greg said, it has stopped...so i hope this update comes through..i want to see it in action so bad
    anyway, keep up the good work guys
    you rule!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya Greg. That same thing has been happening to me. I am really P.O.ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, definatly a great app, esp since my wife already knows im an good but sadistic person :) Then again she knew that when she married me >:) Now I just have a better outlet so she doesn't have to be so nervous >:). BTW for future updates, what would be cool is if when you drop an islander from high enough, or with enough force, that they go splat. Also be fun if with the pinch/spread moves you could squish/stretch them. Esp if when you stretch them they break apart >:). Also would be nice to see them take longer to drown, but the shark circle then eat them in the water. >:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you guys ever thought of doing desktop background or iphone wallpapers for your legions of adoring fans?

    (Also, why is the game icon apparently one behind from the description icon in iTunes (for instance we have a shark in the description and a boulder for the icon and next week the game icon will turn into a shark)? Is it an App Store problem or just because you fancy a change?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, nice ideas....but i have a question..is there going to be more emotions with this new update we're dieing for? I saw, in the picture with the new menu, wut i thought was a guy picking his nose....so is there new emotions with this update???
    you guys are number #1!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good app cant wait for the update but um i just got it and i got the old icon (very first blue one)? idk how you would get the newer ones?

    ReplyDelete
  8. it wont let me update mine...still....love this app tho....its the best

    ReplyDelete
  9. i can see the new icon on my appstore page in itunes. the problem is, i cannot seem to get the update. i keep on pushing the updates icon on my app list and it says that there are no available updates for me. i tried to delete my Pocket God and downloaded the one shown in the appstore but when i installed it its still the same. its still "Jump the shark." is there something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The update shows the new icon in the app store on the pc but not on the iPhone app store and the update hasn't been given to either

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can see the new icon but the version is the old one? when EP9 will be avaiable?
    nice work anyway, guys! best app ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've tried to download it several times - through the app store on my iPhone and through iTunes. It just keeps giving me the old one - and the even older artwork. I think there is a problem with Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have still not seen the update. i had the same problem as some guys above. I would update an app and a hour later it would say that it needs updated again but with the same firmware.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Dave, (and Pocket God Fans)

    Check out my video about pocket god at:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSdUs3l5mjo

    Where I attempt to destroy as many Islanders in as many different ways in... 36 seconds!

    Thank you guys over at Bolt Creative soooo much for creating such an addictively fun app for all our iPhones/iPod Touches!!

    ReplyDelete